Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finished Siding

Well folks sorry for the over 4 months (seriously has it really been that long?) delay in writing a blog entry. I wanted to finish our siding project and so I left the blog world for a while to focus on the job. We started back in the end of June with Cassandra's uncle, parents, and my dad, helping with tearing off the old siding, adding new insulation, housewrap, and then the siding So without further ado here are some photos from the completed house:

This is the house from the front on the driveway side.












This is on the same side of the house, but the back half of the house.















This is in the front yard, but the other side of the house.

















This of the back side of the house.

This is the garage.







I want to thank everyone who helped with this project at some point, without you, we would still be working on this project a year from now.
Now you might be asking yourself, "Self, did it really take 4 months to work on residing their house?" Not quite, while we did work every night and weekend during July and August, it got to a point where we just needed to take time for ourselves as well. Here are a few things that we we have been up to during the whole time:
Cassandra got a long-term sub job in Black River Falls, WI, teaching 6th grade science, a reading class and a language arts class. So that has been a great expirence for her. She also completed her second half-marathon. She jumped out of a plane going skydiving with my mom, my sister and her sister.
I am still enjoying my job at the Y. I started running and have one 5k under my belt and will be doing another one in a few weeks. I gotta beat my time of 37:48. I already feel more prepared for this one.
We had some visitors, Nick and Claire, who we realized that we hadn't seen or really talked to them in 5 years, but it was great because it was like no time had past and we had a great time catching up. We also took Rudy camping for the first time, and he did great sleeping in the tent dispite me hearing some coyotes off in the distance. We have also been taking Rudy hiking quite a bit on the local trail of Hixon Forest.
My good friend AJ and his wife Sarah welcomed little Gabbie to the world, and I was lucky enough to meet her during their visit to the midwest.
The 2010 NFL season is half over, sad I know.
When I starting writing this blog I was trying to think of all the things that we had been up to and I know that I missed lots, but now that I am writing it I am coming down with a case of writer's block. Oh well, I am back now.
Stay classy!

1 comment: