Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I AM IRONMAN!!!

Well folks I did it. It took me five fewer days then I had predicted, but I was successfully able to complete all 140.6 miles of the indoor ironman. As Brian Collins (fast forward to the 2:28 mark for the trademark line) would say, "Boom goes the dynamite!" It was great to have a goal to accomplish again. I was very surprised with how quickly my biking legs came back...I believe that I will be back on the two wheels this summer quite a bit, and maybe even do a race next summer. We'll see how that goes.

Now in a previous post I talked about what I liked about fall and how I would continue you that on for all the seasons, well now that it is almost spring, I better talk about winter.

Things I like about winter:
  • the snow
  • seeing the snow fall (as long as you are able to be at home and watch it come down)
  • driving during a snowfall (it seems like you are driving at warp speed)
  • skiing
  • sledding
  • snowshoeing (we had some good times this year)
  • shoveling (I actually don't mind the shoveling as long as it isn't a wet heavy snow)
  • watching Rudy bound through the snow
  • every four years watching the Winter Olympics (nice job USA!)

That's all that I can think of for right now. Stay Classy!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I'm writing a post right now, and I used the quote, "Boom goes the dynamite," and of course, I thought of the poor shmuck that coined this phrase, so I found his video on youtube and linked the video to his quote. THEN, as I was fighting through a bit of some writers block, I meandered over to your blog to read about the adventures near the river, when, what to my wandering eyes did appear... YOU DID THE SAME EXACT THING! HAHAHAHAHA! Except, you one upped me because you even knew his name. I guess the saying is true, "great minds write alike."

    Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy,
    Congrats on the Indoor Ironman that is awesome. Especially finishing before you had originally anticipated. You talk about biking more or doing a race...wanna come out to Seattle for one?! :-). I hope you two are doing great!

    Stay classy

    ReplyDelete