Monday, June 22, 2009

Wife's Turn

I made a deal with Steven that I would write a post as soon as he updated his Facebook Account. Hence the reason it took so long for me to add to our newly created blog. Even as I sit here typing I really don't know what to write about. I'm proud of Steven for wanting to start something new and creating a blog. We have been so caught up in our own personal lives lately, that it is nice to share our lives with friends (and the whole world).

Lately we have been living our lives based on inspirations. Steven was inspired to start a blog after reading blogs created by our friends (See links below). I started training for a half-marathon because my old roommate recently competed in her first marathon. And we're currently looking for a house because of the market, Steven's job, and friends who have just recently bought their first homes.

Steven and I are really happy. We've been married for almost 1 1/2 years (on July 5th). Married life is amazing (at least I think so) and we really feel like we're on the right path in life. Steven has a job with the YMCA (which he can tell you more about in his own words). He has been really busy, but he says he really enjoys his job. I'm currently a substitute teacher enjoying my summer vacation. The La Crosse area is a tough place to find teaching jobs, but I'm willing to sub for as long as it takes. I'm getting my name out there and I get lots of requests to sub. Like I mentioned before, we have entered the housing race. I call it a race because the houses in our area are selling fast. We know that God has a house that is perfect for us and whatever is meant to be will happen. We're just really antsy. Rudy, our dog, is doing well. He currently is my running partner while I'm training and he just turned 3 years old last Monday. We are excited for what the future brings.

Stay tuned for more updates, random thoughts, and other stories "From the River."

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment